Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Build a Nursery with Me! Part 4!


Build A Nursery With Me! Part 4!

I am getting very close to having our baby boy's Woodland Nursery complete...check out what I have been up to lately!

Woodland Nursery Design Inspiration Board

Woodland Nursery Changing Pad Cover
So this is the fabric I had originally ordered for the curtain panels, but when I held it up against the window in the room, the orange detail completely disappeared and it looked like a big brown blob. Brown blob is definitely not the look I was going for lol. So it was back to the drawing board for curtain inspiration(which you will see below), but it was such a cute fabric and a very soft flannel, so I thought it would make the perfect changing pad cover!!

Woodland Nursery Changing Pad Cover Fabric
I purchased the fabric on fabric.com, but it is now discontinued. 

Woodland Nursery Changing Pad Cover




Woodland Nursery Changing Pad Cover
**Tip: Use rubber shelf liner cut to size under your changing pad to prevent slipping!

Woodland Nursery Changing Table
I really love how the tiny bit of orange in the changing pad cover ties in so well with the deer print above. The vintage style table lamp is also a new addition. I am also in love with how well the bronze metal on the lamp ties in with the hardware on the dresser!

Woodland Nursery Changing Table
This shows that you can use just about anything to make a changing table. All this took was a thrift store dresser, some stain, a changing pad, and a table lamp! I found the ladder basket shelf at Home Goods in the bathroom organization section for only $40!

Woodland Nursery diaper organization
How perfect is this to store diapers, wipes, lotions, blankets, etc?!

Woodland Nursery decor fox
This little guy was a Christmas clearance find! Who knew you could find so many woodland animal décor items in the Christmas section!? And at 66% off, I paid only $5 at Hobby Lobby!

Woodland Nursery chevron curtains
My biggest accomplishment thus far has been the nursery curtains! I found this fabric at JoAnn fabrics and added an orange burlap ribbon banding down the inside middle!

Woodland Nursery chevron curtains
I decided to hang them with curtain ring clips to give them a more masculine feel.

Woodland Nursery chevron curtains

Woodland Nursery antler curtain tie backs
And how cute are these antler curtain tie backs?? I ordered them online from Urban Outfitters for only $20/pair!

Woodland Nursery antler curtain tie backs
They add the perfect rustic woodland touch to these curtains!

Woodland Nursery chevron curtains


Woodland Nursery chevron curtains

Woodland Nursery decor storage baskets
Last, but not least, I used the left over orange burlap ribbon to add a banding detail around these baskets.



Woodland Nursery decor storage organization baskets
I printed the labels on my home printer and used a mini clothespin to attach them!

Woodland Nursery decor storage organization baskets

Only a few more items needed to finish this Woodland themed nursery! I will probably do one more update post and then the final reveal!

If you missed the previous 3 updates, click on the links below so you can see all of the great projects you missed!









 


3 comments:

  1. thanks for linking to Show and Tell at Sugar Bee Crafts - - I featured you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much thought put into the details of this room. Every picture that came up as I scrolled through made me think, "Oh, I like that. What a great addition!" The little bits of orange and the woodland creature details are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Eva! I strive to put thoughtful details in all of my designs, and it is so nice to have that noticed! Stay tuned for the finished product!

    ReplyDelete