Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Office is Finally Finished!

Well, it's official! We have finally finished decorating my office. It feels like we have been working on this room for years! Oh, wait, that's because it has been years! Those of you who have been following some of my projects for the office know that when we first moved into our home, this room was a formal dining room. It was completely decorated as a dining room for the first 2 years until recently we decided to turn it into our home office. We literally used the dining room twice in 3 years. I think it is important for every room in your house to be fully functional and now this room really is! Here are some of the before and after photos as well as some more detailed photos. I will explain each photo including design tips and cost info!

This is the best shot I could get of the entire room.

This is the bookcase that my husband and I built together from IKEA Billy bookcases. Read my post here on how we made it for under $300!


This was a $24 lamp from Home Goods. I just used some $2 navy ribbon and hot glue to trim the edges. Now it looks like it was made for the room!

I am so in love with these curtains! The white part was a premade panel (with grommets at the top) from Big Lots. They were only $12 each!! But of course not long enough, so I found this beautiful patterned fabric by Waverly an purchased 1 yard to add to the bottom. 

I just ripped out the hem on the premade panel and then sewed a small section of the patterned fabric to the bottom. This is a new service my company is now offering to those of you really looking to save money on curtains. You can have a custom look for less. I have been making these like crazy ever since! Check out my website for more information!

These were brown leather chairs from Garden Ridge. They were on clearance for $50 and then I had them recovered with this Waverly fabric called Hidden Treasures Lakeside. There is a local company in the Dallas area called Texas Susannie's and she can get fabric cheaper than anywhere I have seen. Here is a link to this particular fabric on her site! The mirror is from IKEA for $20. It was black and I spray painted it white to go with the room.  

This drum shade pendant is from Lowe's and was only $149!! It really helps to complete the space!

This was an old cabinet I purchased on craigslist for $100. I then painted it white, rubbed down the front shutter style doors with sand paper to give it an older worn look, and changed out the hardware. These knobs were only $2ea. at Hobby Lobby. Changing out the knobs on your furniture is one of the easiest things you can do to update the look of the piece!

These were frames from some old art I had, that no longer fit my decor style. I removed the art, typed up one of my favorite quotes and printed it!

I always think it is important to have lots of family photos around your home. This is one of my favorite photos. I think placing the first  letter of your last name next to a wedding photo can be such a cute way to display your marriage!

I made these pillow cases from left over fabric and used them to cover some old pillows. I love mixing and matching patterns in a space. It really helps pull the room together!




I really love the way the room turned out! It has such a calming feeling to it. I used to take the laptop out of the office and use it in the living room on the couch, but now I have such a great excuse to use it in my office!



No comments:

Post a Comment